Rock Prairie Presbyterian Church, located in Janesville, Wisconsin, is actively seeking an Interim Pastor to serve our congregation and our community during the period of its search for a permanent Solo Pastor. We are looking for someone who will be our spiritual leader in this time of transition by leading us in worship, proclaiming the gospel effectively so the people are encouraged in faith. The Interim Pastor shall serve as a teacher and counselor for those in need.
For over eight generations, families have gathered here on the prairie to worship a loving God. We are a congregation of 385 and have grown and moved forward in dozens of missions and youth related activities.
Our Mission Statement: "The members and friends of Rock Prairie Presbyterian Church worship God our Creator, believe in salvation through Jesus Christ His Son, and live daily with guidance from the Holy Spirit. We share his message of love and salvation with others through worship, prayer, fellowship and service.
To proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ, provide pastoral care and administrative leadership in all areas of the church, conduct worship and assist the congregation in preparation for a change in spiritual leadership.
The Interim Pastor serves under the guidance of the Holy Spirit and supervision of the Rock Prairie Presbyterian Church Session. In this interim capacity, no changes in the church's general function or formal vision will be made without prior approval of the Session.
Help Rock Prairie youth grow in their faith and restore their trust in our leaders.
Help Rock Prairie members gain a better understanding of addictions and it's effects on the surrounding people.
Bring healing for members who may feel a breach of trust by the previous pastor.
- An ordained minister approved by the Presbytery
- A Bachelor's degree and Master's of Divinity degree
- Significant Pastoral experience
- Outstanding communication skills, including prepared speaking and personal interactions
- Capable and accomplished administrator
- Organized and capable of leading others
- Interpersonal skills with a sense of sincerity, humility, caring and compassion, especially, with regards to addiction and conflict resolution
Interim Training - Weeks 1 and 2
Pastoral experience of a congregation over 200
Interim Pastor Primary Functions:
- Conduct Sunday worship services with weekly sermons. Special service as scheduled by the Session and communion monthly
- Work with the Director of Music to integrate music into each service
- Conduct weddings, funerals and baptisms, as directed
- Provide for pastoral needs of members, including personal visits, nursing home visits and hospital visits
- Work with, support and counsel our youth groups
- Moderate the meetings of the Session and the Congregation
- Support the work of various Church committees
- Serve as head of staff and assist staff as necessary
- Assist with the Mission/Vision study
- Assist Pastor Nominating Committee with methods, processes and adequate reports but will not be involved in any way with the search or selection of the new pastor
For information regarding compensation, please direct inquiries to the email below.
Interested candidates should submit their resume no later than July 15, 2020, to the Interim Pastor Nominating Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org or send a hard copy to: Rock Prairie Presbyterian Church, Attn: IPNC, 8605 E. County Road A, Janesville, WI 53546