The History of Rock Prairie Church
Rock Prairie's earliest settlers were of Scotch heritage. The sturdy Scotch who settled in the prairies East of the Rock River were ready to have a place of worship as soon as there were a few families near enough to support an organization. In 1847, when Wisconsin was still a territory, a missionary of the Reformed Church persuaded the settlers to organize a Reformed Church which, he told them, was more like the Church of Scotland than any of the denominations in the United States.
On July 10, 1847, Rev. Morrison and one of his ruling elders, Mr. William McCormick, received thirty-two members and the groudwork was laid for what is now Rock Prairie United Presbyterian Church.